Fifty years ago geologists discovered plate tectonics. Celebrate this anniversary exploring how tectonic movements have shaped the beautiful landscape of North East Yorkshire and have helped fashion our unique coastline. Discover what faults and folds are, why they are important, and how geologists identify them. With displays, interactive models and video footage we will explore how earth movements have buckled and fractured the ground beneath our feet.
Available: Saturday 7 – Sunday 15 October at 10am and 2pm. Closed Monday.
Drop-in and explore lots of hands-on science activities for all the family including:
- Fault line modelling blocks
- Learn about the shifts of the earth in interactive sand models
- Discover the faults beneath your feet in our Yorkshire seismic line computer technology
- Identify the changes to the local Yorkshire coast line in our exclusive footage of Ravenscar Cliffs
- Enjoy a talk from Consultant Geologist Dr Tim Burnill
Under 18s are Free | Adults Free with £3 Annual Pass
First time admission to the Rotunda Museum and Art Gallery requires purchasing a £3 Annual Pass, admission thereafer is free.